Emergency situations happen all the time, often with no one nearby with the skills needed to offer help. You can be that person …
The Riverside Resort Hotel & Casino provides training space for EMS Safety Classes as a service to our communities. Our own Jessica Hancock, herself a certified EMS Safety Instructor, will be the point of contact for all your EMS Safety instruction needs.
- Jessica Hancock - Instructor
- Telephone: 702.298.2535 Ext: 5784
- Email: email@example.com
EMS Safety Class Information:
- Upon completion of your class, you will receive a 2-year Certification Card along with online access to Digital Workbooks.
- EMS Safety classes can be held at any time to meet your group’s needs.
- Classes are $100.00 per person.
- Senior / Group Discounts are available for groups of 10 or more.
- Student to Instructor Ratio is 6:1
- Each class requires written and live test skills testing.
- The EMS Safety instructors will travel locally (within a 50-mile radius) if you prefer to hold classes at a different location. (A television with a DVD player must be provided).
EMS Safety Class Options:
Basic First Aid
- Medical Emergencies • Injuries and Traumatic Emergencies • Environmental Emergencies • First Aid Kit Contents • Patient Assessment and Movement • Personal Protective Equipment • Bloodborne Pathogens • Scene Assessment • Responding to an Emergency • Legal Issues and Consent
CPR & AED Certification for Community Rescuers
- Adult, Child and Infant CPR and Choking Care • CPR Barriers • Recovery Position • AED Use and Safety Precautions • Personal Protective Equipment • Bloodborne Pathogens • Scene Assessment • Responding to an Emergency • Legal Issues
CPR & AED for Healthcare and Professional Rescuers (BLS)
- CPR/AED for Adults and Children • Infant CPR • Choking Care • CPR Barriers and BVM • 2 – Rescuer CPR Techniques • Recovery Position • Bloodborne Pathogens • Scene Assessment • Patient Assessment • Responding to an Emergency • Legal Issues
CPR, AED and First Aid for Childcare Providers
- Includes all topics of Basic CPR/First Aid plus: Indoor Safety Playground Safety • Water Safety • Recognizing Maltreatment of Children • Dehydration
CPR, AED & First Aid for the Senior Community Caregiving
- Communicating for the Elderly • How to Talk to your Doctor • Keeping Active • Medication Safety • Safe Travel • Safe Community • CPR Alternate Hand Positioning • Fall Prevention & Fall Proofing • Choking in a Wheelchair • Cardiac Risk Factors • Diabetes Management • COPD, Pneumonia • Postural Hypotension
Emergency Oxygen Administration Oxygen Defined
- Oxygen Defined • Types and Uses of Oxygen Equipment • Oxygen Delivery Devices and How to Use Them • Risks Associated Oxygen Delivery • Oxygen Safety and Storage
- The BBP Standard • HIV/HEP B&C • Workplace Transmission • Workplace Transmission • PPE • Exposure Control Plan • Management Of Sharps • Blood Spills, Labeling • Hand Washing and Hygiene • Maintenance and Housekeeping • Responding to Emergencies • Dealing with Exposures.