Packing for your trip
- Visit www.tsa.gov for all the latest security policies.
- Remember to put identification tags in and on all baggage including laptops.
- You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and toothpaste through the checkpoint. These are limited to 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) or less per item.
- Exceptions include baby formula/breast milk/baby food while traveling with a small child, medications, liquids (to include water, juice or liquid nutrients) or gels for diabetics or other medical needs. All exceptions must be declared to a Security Officer for screening.
- All footwear must be removed for x-ray screening. Wearing shoes that can be easily removed is helpful.
- TSA's checkpoint protocols require all passengers to remove outer coats and jackets for X-ray before proceeding through the metal detectors. That includes suit and sport coats, athletic warm-up jackets and blazers. If a jacket or blazer is being worn as the innermost garment – not over a blouse or sweater, for example – it does not have to come off.
- Pack valuables such as jewelry, cash, and electronics, as well as fragile items, in your carry-on.
- Avoid wearing accessories that contain metal, which will set off the metal detector.
- Put all undeveloped film in your carry-on bag, because checked baggage screening equipment may damage film.
- Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage unless they adhere to the Department of Transportation exemption, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case.
- Electronic Cigarettes and Vaping Devices, the FAA prohibits these devices in checked baggage. Battery-powered E-cigarettes, vaporizers, vape pens, atomizers, and electronic nicotine delivery systems may only be carried in the aircraft cabin (in carry-on baggage or on your person). Check with your airline for additional restrictions. Remove all electronic cigarette and vaping devices from carry-on bags if checked at the gate or planeside.
When you arrive at the airport TSA Security Checkpoint...
- Remove the 3-1-1 liquids bag and place it in the bin.
- Declare all permitted liquid exceptions to a Security Officer in front of the checkpoint: i.e., baby formula/breast milk/baby food while traveling with a small child, medications, liquids (to include water, juice or liquid nutrients) or gels for diabetics or other medical needs.
- Remove computers and large electronics from carry-on and place in the bin alone (video game consoles, remote control toys, etc.)
- Remove your footwear and outer coat, suit jacket or blazer to place in the tray for the x-ray.
- Ensure pockets are empty (keys, tissues, currency, wallets, cell phones, etc.) and remove bulky jewelry (valuable items can be placed in carry-on).
Please contact the TSA Contact Center for any additional questions you may have. For questions visit: www.tsa.gov or TSA Contact Center toll-free at (866) 289-9673 or by e-mail at TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov.
Riverside Resort's Preferred Car Rental Company